Using This Guide
Welcome to the History subject guide. Although it is not comprehensive, it will point you to the most useful databases, journals, books and reference sources, and online information. It will assist you in both basic and advanced research. Updating is done periodically so keep an eye out for information about new resources and search tips.
Looking for Books? You can find books by using our online catalog or you may want to browse the shelf. Print books are located in the "C to F" sections on the lower level and second floor of Blakley Library. Below is a high level view of the classification system. Clicking on the letters will open a more detailed description.
- C to CT - General History
- D to DX - World History and History of Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, etc.
- E to F - History of America and the United States
Refer to selected books (online or in print). These may be located in the Reference section (first floor to the left of circulation), or available electronically. Reference books use the same Call Numbers as the circulating books listed above and must be used within the Library.
Looking for articles? Journal articles can be
found in print journals (located in Periodicals), online in databases
and at the Journals home page.
- Specialized databases
have a high subject content
- Related general databases contain multiple disciplines in varying measures
- Explore Journals: Journal titles can be searched for in the Online Catalog or by using Full-Text Journal Search. The Full-Text Journal search will point you to print, online and database resources.