Welcome to the Computer Science subject guide. Although it is not comprehensive, it will point you to the most useful databases, journals, books and reference sources, and online information. It will assist you in both basic and advanced research. Updating is done periodically so keep an eye out for information about new resources and search tips.
Computer Science at UD is found as a concentration under the Mathematics Department.
Looking for Books?
You can find books by
using our online catalog or you may want to browse the shelf. Print
books are located in the "QA" section on the third floor of Blakley
Library. Below is a high level view of the classification system.
- QA 71-90 Instruments and machines
- QA 75.0-76.95 Calculating machines
- QA 75.5-76.95 Electronic computers. Computer science
- QA 76.75-76.765 Computer software
Refer to selected books (online or in print). These may be located in the Reference section (first floor to the left of circulation), or available electronically. Reference books use the same Call Numbers as the circulating books listed above and must be used within the Library.
Looking for Articles?
- Specialized databases have a high subject content
- Related general databases contain multiple disciplines in varying measures
- Explore Journals Journal titles can be searched for in the Online Catalog or by using Full-Text Journal Search.
Surf on over to these Internet Resources for a change of pace.
This guide is created by Melissa Randall and licensed by University of Dallas Blakley Library under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
You may reproduce any part of it for noncommercial purposes as long as credit is included. I encourage you to license your derivative works under Creative Commons as well to encourage sharing and reuse of educational materials.